1. Personal Information and Sensitive Personal Information
In order to sign up as a user of TheRich you have to open an account with us and provide us with your name, age, sex, email, (hereinafter referred to as “Personal Information”) and also provide us with password, address, phone number, comprising of “sensitive personal information” (“hereinafter referred to as “SPD”).
2. The Information Cycle - Information We Receive and How We Use It
Information We Receive
How We Use It
Registration information & Information you write on your profile about yourself.
- Registration - Your real name, email address, date of birth, gender and profile picture.
About Page – contact information, location information, hobbies, interests.
- To identify whether you are
- To enable others who know
you or share similar
interests to search for you on
- Your address and phone number
is used to send you gifts and is in
no way shared with anyone
Information you choose to share
- Information shared publicly (or with followers), including posts, comments, photos, videos.
- Information that's always public (like your name, profile picture, status).
- So that others can easily see
the information you choose to
share either on their Homepage
or through a search query.
- To provide you with innovative
features and services using the
information we receive about
you in new ways.
- When you contact TheRich, we
may keep a record of your
communication to help resolve
any issues that you might be
facing. We may use your email
address to inform you about
our services, such as letting you
know about upcoming changes or improvements.
Information others share about you
- Someone tags you in a photo or post.
- Information about you that they choose to share publicly.
Information of your activity on TheRich
- People who you communicate with regularly and waves that interest you.
- People you have searched and pages you have visited.
- Meta data from your photos and videos like time, date and place.
Other information we receive
- Device-specific information like your hardware model, operating system version, unique device identifiers and mobile network information.
- Log information such as your search queries, IP address, device information, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, date and time of your request and URL.
- Cookies that identify your browser on your TheRich account. We may send one or more cookies or other anonymous identifiers to your device to collect and store information when you visit TheRich.
- To keep TheRich safe and secure.
- To protect TheRich from viruses
and other malicious content.
- To ensure TheRich opens fast on
- To provide you our services in
your preferred language.
- To notify you if you are using
an outdated device that does
not support our service.
3. Sharing Your Information:
TheRich does not share personally identifiable information with any non-affiliated third parties except in the limited circumstances described below:
I. We may disclose personal information to the Cyber Law Department of India if the User/s has violated the provisions of the Information Technology Act, 2000 or any other law for the time being in force in India.
II. We may also disclose personal information to the concerned authorities under the Information Technology Act, 2000 or any other act for the time being in force in India, if we believe that the User/s is committing any fraud or is doing any illegal activity or is encouraging cyber terrorism or doing any other act which will hamper the national security and integrity of India or of any other country to which the User belongs and/or have accessed to TheRich.
III. We may disclose personal information in response to a witness summons warrant, court order, levy, attachment, order of a court-appointed receiver or other comparable legal process, including subpoenas from private parties in a civil action.
IV. We may disclose information to your agent or legal representative (such as the holder of a power of attorney that you grant, or a guardian appointed for you).
V. We may share aggregated statistical data with others for public relations, marketing or other purposes. Such data will not, however, be tied to personally identifiable information.
4. Changing or Deleting Your Information
TheRich gives you an option to review, update, correct or delete the Personal Information provided by you at the time of registering with us by changing your “account settings.” In some cases, we may retain your earlier personal information if required by law.
When you deactivate your account, your account is put on hold. Other users cannot see your profile, but we do not delete any of your information. As you may want to reactivate/re-subscribe your account at some point in the future, we do not delete any information from your account.
Removing your name or any personal identification from the information: For example, if you choose to deactivate your TheRich account, your name and related information will be removed from the information you have shared.
When an account is deleted it is permanently deleted from TheRich. It normally takes around one-two months to delete an account, nevertheless some information might still remain in backup copies and logs for a reasonable amount of time for backup, archival, and/or audit purposes. Only delete your account if you are sure and you never wish to reactivate it. Our aim is to maintain our services in such a manner that it protects information from unanticipated or malign destruction. Hence, normally after you delete information from our services, we might not instantly delete remaining copies from our active servers and might not remove information from our backup systems.
Removing your name or any personal identification from the information: For example, if you choose delete your TheRich account, all your information, nobody on the application with whom you had shared information will be able to see your content.
7. Data Retention
We will retain your personal information and any other information posted, uploaded and/or shared by you for as long as your account is active. If you wish to cancel your account, you may delete your account. In case you delete your account with us we may retain and use your information as necessary to comply with any outstanding legal obligations related to any disputes you have with us. Save and except the above, we will immediately delete your information upon request of deletion of account. However, you agree and accept that in case of any inquiry from the Cyber Law Department of India regarding your account or regarding the account of any other User who is connected with you, we will retain your personal information and other such information even if you delete your account. You agree and acknowledge that we will not delete from our servers’ files that you have in common with other users.
- You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your password and account information and for controlling access to your email communications at all times.
- TheRich uses industry standard measures to protect all information that is stored in our servers and/or within our database. We limit the access to this information to those employees who on “need to know” basis need access to perform their job function such as our customer service personnel.
9. Our Policy Toward Children
Our Services are not directed to persons under 13. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. TheRich shall not be held responsible and/or liable if you are below the age of 13 and you falsely represent and warrant yourself to be of 13 years of age or older. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with Personal Information, we will take steps to delete such information from our files.
10. Foursquare Data Policy (Indulge)
- We receive and use data from Foursquare in our ‘Indulge’ feature.
- We share user data with Foursquare, for use by Foursquare for its own purposes.
11. Contacting Us